We teach our students the necessary values along with comprehensive studies.
The learning modules nurtures and supports business aspirations and goals.
Our curriculum is student centered so that they become empowered to perform.
We develop the intellectual, social, moral and physical dimensions of students.
Educating Young Minds With A Difference
The York Castle High School is one of Jamaica's premier co-educational secondary school. The school has educated some of the region's most outstanding leaders and it continues to play a pivotal role in shaping Jamaica's development. The educational programmes at The York Castle High School emphasize the study of the liberal arts, humanities, sciences, business, technical and vocational education. As a Methodist High School, our curriculum also emphasizes spiritual tenets, ethics, values and morals, and co-curricular programmes that facilitate character development and a commitment to service, tolerance and respect for each other. The York Castle High School endeavours to educate the whole person by developing the intellectual, social, personal, vocational, spiritual, moral and physical dimensions. A wide range of enrichment and extra-curricular activities complement the curriculum. Our graduates are highly regarded both nationally and globally for their distinguished qualities and attributes honed by the student centered and empowering learning environment at the York Castle High School.
To create a community of empowered learners in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust where students will be inspired and challenged holistically to learn, grow and attain intellectual, social, personal, vocational, spiritual, moral and physical goals.
A student centered, empowering, performance driven and holistic learning experience that prepares students to become leaders in an increasingly complex world and global society.
- · That our students should be challenged holistically to achieve their academic goals and relevant life skills.
- · Family, school, and community should collaborate to provide opportunities to enhance student achievement and performance.
- · Effective learning takes place in a safe, caring and disciplined environment.
- · Character development ( courage, respect, tolerance, responsibility, citizenship, fairness, justice) is an essential component of effective education.
- · Some of the major tenets of the school’s curriculum should include social, spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical and aesthetic values.
- · Students should be empowered with problem solving, critical thinking, and effective communication skills to enable them to function effectively in a fiercely competitive global environment.
Nothing is achieved without great effort